How is sustainability impacting the construction sector?
The impact of sustainable and circular construction on manufacturers is enormous:
- Stricter and new regulations.
- Competition of alternative materials.
- The need to educate and explain the benefit of developed sustainable and circular products and solutions.
- Different stakeholders in the decision-making unit and changing decision criteria.
- An increasing need for proof of sustainable solutions to avoid the perception of greenwashing.
- Different kinds of certificates and labels from which to select the most relevant ones.
How will it impact manufacturers in this sector?
Sustainable and circular construction is a severe and long-lasting trend. The professionals working in construction and the installation sector will:
- Search for and move to alternative sustainable and circular products and solutions.
- Demand more fact-based information, labels, and certification of your products.
How does USP help with sustainability research?
With sustainability and circularity in mind, we help our customers with:
- Product concept and testing research (what products and solutions are wanted, how are new products appreciated)
- Driver analyses to identify the importance of different sustainability concepts and elements
- Service needs studies (what to do with packaging, education & information needs, logistic concepts, etc.)
- Decision-making unit research (Who are new stakeholders? Who is the decision-maker and who are influencing the decision. What are relevant selection criteria?)
- Product and brand perception research (are your products seen as sustainable? What is your brand image when it comes to sustainability?)
Context is key
To create an overview of market developments and provide context for client-specific researches, USP Marketing Consultancy has developed several monitors. We continuously research market developments and effects of key trends like labour shortage among architects, contactors, HVAC installers, electrical installers, painters and end-consumers, of which reports are published quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
Discover opportunities for your brand
Do you want to know how trends change your target groups’ demand, attitudes, perspectives and decision-making criteria, and whether your brand and products are answering their needs? Do you want to learn how you can make your customers’ lives easier whilst adding value to your brand? USP Marketing Consultancy specialises in various types of market research that can answer these questions, like customer satisfaction, driver analysis, customer journey, product development research, and many more.