How does a changing DMU impact the industry?
USP has researched the DMU since the start of the company (for almost 30 years) via dedicated research projects for manufacturers and suppliers and via our different European multiclient researches. The DMU is changing over the years due to trends like:
- BIM, leading to a situation in which BIM modelers are specifying products.
- House builders becoming bigger and specifying more towards architects.
- Prefab producers with an increasing influence on the products and brands applied in their solutions.
- Regulations giving more authority to subcontractors, allowing them to buy products besides the installation.
- Real estate investors are more and more interested in the total cost of ownership of different products and solutions.
How does USP help their customers with DMU research?
For both manufacturers and wholesalers active in the construction market, a good understanding of the DMU is crucial for your marketing and sales strategy. Also, knowing the decision criteria is helpful for an effective communication strategy.
We help our customers with:
- Trend research (like BIM, Prefab, sustainability) and their impact on the DMU and buying criteria
- Researching products and brands specified by architects and the strength of their specification
- The degree to which subcontractors can break specifications from investors, architects, etc.
- The DMU in a “do-it-for-me” situation in the home improvement market
Context is key
To create an overview of market developments and provide context for client-specific researches, USP Marketing Consultancy has developed several monitors. We continuously research market developments and effects of key trends like labour shortage among architects, contractors, HVAC installers, electrical installers, painters and end-consumers, of which reports are published quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
Discover opportunities for your brand
Do you want to know how trends change your target groups’ demand, attitudes, perspectives and decision-making criteria, and whether your brand and products are answering their needs? Do you want to learn how you can make your customers’ lives easier whilst adding value to your brand? USP Marketing Consultancy specialises in various types of market research that can answer these questions, like customer satisfaction, driver analysis, customer journey, product development research, and many more.