How does electrification impact the industry?
USP has been following the effects of the electrification trend in the construction, installation and home improvement markets via dedicated research for a variety of clients and in our monitor researches. We have on-shelf data of challenges electrification causes in the sector, as well as of opportunities electrification creates, especially for manufacturers and brands active in the installation market.
A few examples of the impact of electrification:
- Electrification changes demand, resulting in an increasing call for innovative solutions, products and systems.
- This creates an interesting and lucrative playing field for the manufacturers and brands producing innovative installation products and systems.
- Those systems need to be installed, causing installers to be in high demand as well.
- New and ever more complex systems and installations add to the pressure on installers, ultimately increasing qualitative labour shortages in the market.
How does USP help their customers with electrification topics?
The above are just a few examples of the challenges and opportunities the electrification trend causes. To be able to develop solutions to the challenges and grasp the opportunities successfully, we help our customers with a variety of studies among architects, contractors, HVAC installers, engineers and electrical installers that are linked to electrification in some way.
Some examples of studies that we did around electrification:
- Product development research
- Concept evaluation research
- Market exploration research
- Segmentation research
- Market sizing research
Electrification as a topic in our research monitors
To create an overview of market developments and provide context for client-specific researches, USP Marketing Consultancy has developed several monitors. We continuously research market developments and effects of key trends like labour shortage among architects, contactors, HVAC installers, electrical installers, painters and end-consumers, of which reports are published quarterly, semi-annually or annually.