A key characteristic of the construction, installation, and home improvement market is the complex decision-making unit (DMU). In B2B construction projects, investors, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, installers, finishing companies, and merchants can all have influence on the product type and brand selections. Each of these parties involved in the DMU has different purchasing criteria.
Meanwhile, the DMU is changing. Contractors are gaining importance in the whole process as they are more often involved in the design phase of the projects. Furthermore, principals are becoming more demanding and consumers are better informed about their home improvement projects. So many manufacturers find this ever-evolving sea of complex DMUs that differ per project and product hard to navigate. Our market knowledge and dedicated DMU research helps them set a course to success.
How does a changing DMU impact the industry?
USP has researched the DMU since the start of the company (for almost 30 years) via dedicated research projects for manufacturers and suppliers and via our different European multiclient researches.
The DMU is changing over the years due to trends like:
- BIM, leading to a situation in which BIM modelers are specifying products.
- House builders becoming bigger and specifying more towards architects.
- Prefab producers with an increasing influence on the products and brands applied in their solutions.
- Regulations giving more authority to subcontractors, allowing them to buy products besides the installation.
- Real estate investors are more and more interested in the total cost of ownership of different products and solutions.
How does USP help their customers with DMU research?
For both manufacturers and wholesalers active in the construction market, a good understanding of the DMU is crucial for your marketing and sales strategy. Also, knowing the decision criteria is helpful for an effective communication strategy.
We help our customers with:
- Trend research (like BIM, Prefab, sustainability) and their impact on the DMU and buying criteria
- Researching products and brands specified by architects and the strength of their specification
- The degree to which subcontractors can break specifications from investors, architects, etc.
- The DMU in a “do-it-for-me” situation in the home improvement market
Context is de sleutel
Om een overzicht te creëren van marktontwikkelingen en context te bieden voor klant-specifiek onderzoek, heeft USP Marketing Consultancy verschillende monitoren ontwikkeld. We doen voortdurend onderzoek naar marktontwikkelingen en effecten van belangrijke trends, zoals arbeidstekorten bij architecten, aannemers, HVAC-installateurs, elektro-installateurs, schilders en eindgebruikers, waarover regelmatig rapporten worden gepubliceerd.
Laatste nieuws rond DMU veranderingen
Wij publiceren regelmatig nieuwsartikelen op basis van onze meest recente marktstudies. Lees hieronder onze meest recente artikelen over arbeidstekorten.
Besluitvormingsrollen in het bouwproces van gebouwen veranderen
Neem contact op:
Neem direct contact op met ons kantoor of vul hieronder uw gegevens in. Dan neemt een van onze specialisten contact met u op.
Neem contact op met onze expert: