During the corona years, and even in the years before, the market share of DIY stores were under pressure. However, according to the latest Q2 2022 report of the European home improvement monitor on purchase channels, the DIY stores are in the lift again.
Not only are DIY stores regaining market share with their ‘usual ‘operations, but the investments made in e-commerce are clearly paying off as well. Consumers frequently name DIY stores as the number one top of mind choice for online purchases of home improvement products.
Key research questions:
• What websites come to mind first when thinking about online purchasing of home improvement products?
• What website would be the second choice when thinking about online purchasing of home improvement products?
• Have any online purchases of home improvement products been made in the last 12 months, and if yes, where?
• Have you purchased any products online via Amazon or via the national number 1 retailer in the past 12 months?
• Mapping out the online leaders in home improvement
• How frequently are consumers using customer reviews or ratings and how strong is the influence of these customer reviews and